Monday, September 9, 2019

THE BLOCKS


At this point, when I started this blog, I had already completed the first two rows. I think that I have the most trouble with blocks with applique.  It's not that I can't do hand applique.  I kind of think I take tiny neat stitches.  It is the bulk in the tiny pieces that throws me.  I can't figure if I should applique with the papers in, or take them out and do it that way.  I do remember that on block B-1 I finally made the circles with "Perfect circles".  I starched them and gathered the fabric around the mylar templates.  That worked out great and I was happy with the result.  I was less happy about B-5 because the Diamonds are just too bulky at the tips.  Oh well.  I know that I am a perfectionist, but I would drive myself crazy if I had to re-do every block that I didn't think was absolutely perfect. 

I am going to start with C-1 because row C is the row that I am currently on, so I won't need to remember what I did 2 years ago.   See my next post!  T

No comments:

Post a Comment

STILL THINKING ABOUT IT

 After finally finishing all of the blocks for the center, and one border, I've probably taken too long of a break.. I still have 3 bord...