Saturday, September 21, 2019

C-10.C-11,C-12,C-13


C-10
This is a modified block for EPP.  I actually modified my block from the suggestion by dividing the corner pieces to make a continuous red line around.  Either way, it's okay.  Not one of my favorite looking blocks. 

C-11
Another curved block. I enjoy doing curves, so this was fun
I pieced it into four sections and then sewed them together.  It seems easier to do being able to cut it down into sections.

C-12
This is basically an easy block, but Sometimes all of the tiny pieces are just too fiddly.  no matter what, there is a bulk of fabric behind each 1/2" square.  If this was a miniature quilt I would trim the seams, but this will be a normal size quilt that will be used, so the seams need to be at least 1/4".  The last thing I want is to lose a seam in the middle of a finished quilt!

I rotary cut pieces of fabric.  I cut
25- red 1x1"
20 white 1x1"
4 white 2 1/4" squares

I have a 6x6" foam core board, that I covered with fine grit sandpaper when I was finished with this block.  It is the perfect size to lay out the pieces of the block.  The sandpaper keeps the pieces from sliding off. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

STILL THINKING ABOUT IT

 After finally finishing all of the blocks for the center, and one border, I've probably taken too long of a break.. I still have 3 bord...