Thursday, October 3, 2019

D-11. D-12, D-13

D-11
This block was all EPP.  I worked from the center out piecing the rectangle into a square.  Be aware that there are two different sizes of triangles here

Piece the side pieces separately as shown.  Before attaching them to the papers, applique the diamond shape into place.  Make sure that it is as close to the tip as you can get it.  Not too difficult, as long as you pay attention.


 D-12
This was the most difficult block although it doesn't look it .  The EPP papers had the dart split down the center, and then the dart was appliqued onto a square. The thinness of the shape was just too much for me to worry about what to do with the excess fabric at the tips.  Getting it around the tips of the paper was one problem,  and then what to do with the excess fabric when they were appliqued down. 
I wasted time and fabric trying several different ways to make these.  Finally, the technique that worked the best was to paper piece the darts and then applique on a corner square.  Put all of that on a square of cardboard stock, and then EPP in the usual fashion.  It didn't turn out too bad after I figured out how to do it. 


D-13
I think that this was the easiest block in the whole row.  I paper pieced all of it and attached it to a 4.5 square of card stock.  The block is called "Field of Dreams" in the book, so a perfect way to use some of my baseball print.

All in all, I'm satisfied to have all of them done and the row sewn on.

Happy Stitching!, T

No comments:

Post a Comment

STILL THINKING ABOUT IT

 After finally finishing all of the blocks for the center, and one border, I've probably taken too long of a break.. I still have 3 bord...