Thursday, October 3, 2019

ROW D THOUGHTS


With this row I learned to be patient and use the best technique to get my blocks finished.  I would like them to look like the original if I can, but sometimes.. most of the time, EPP is perfect for this quilt.  It  may take a little longer, but I feel that I have much more control over the finished block and having all of the points line up if I am doing it by hand. 

I recommend sashing each block as you make them.  I always put a sashing strip on the left side and the bottom, and a cornerstone on the bottom left.  Except for the 13th block, which gets two sashings and a cornerstone like all of the rest, but additionally, gets a sashing and a cornerstone on the right. 

I am going for a change of pace and I am going to piece the top row. 


Last night, I used my BORDER TRIANGLE TEMPLATE and cut all 52 scallop pieces in a half an hour.  I used adhesive back sandpaper to put around the edge of the template to keep it from slipping. 
I can only find this sandpaper in discs, I just had to make sure that I didn't use good scissors to cut the strips.  It works great though. 

I am trying to keep chugging along.  At some point I need to take a break to make Christmas gifts, put a border on a quilt top, and make bouquets for my daughter's wedding.  No more two year breaks though!!!



Happy Stitching!
T

No comments:

Post a Comment

STILL THINKING ABOUT IT

 After finally finishing all of the blocks for the center, and one border, I've probably taken too long of a break.. I still have 3 bord...