Tuesday, May 12, 2020

ROW H

A lot has happened since I finished my last row.. G.

I made masks, finished another quilt, and today I finished all of my blocks for this row.
Here are my blocks for row H

I got the new Dear Jane software from Electric Quilt.  Mostly so I could have the ability to make a chart of my progress.
As of today, this is where I'm at
As always, I have mixed techniques to complete my blocks.  I got sometimes 3 a day finished because I did it this way.

 Block 1 
This block is all EPP

 Block 2
After I finished all of my blocks I did this one over.  The first one was the modified for EPP version.  The center diamond was all EPP and then appliqued onto one piece of fabric.  I really didn't like it because I felt it was too bulky sitting on top of the fabric.  So I re made it.  I machine paper pieced the center diamond.  And made borders.  the 5 pieces of the block were then EPP with the corner triangles hand appliqued on.

 Block 3 
Each section pieced section of this block was machine paper pieced, then the block was assembled with EPP

 Block 4
This block was machine paper pieced, and the center diamond was hand appliqued

 this is what the block looked like before I appliqued on the center triangle

 Block 5
The center section was EPP.  the half square triangles in the corners were machine pieced, and the block assembled with EPP

 Block 6
This block was all EPP.  the curves were hand appliqued

 Block 7
This block is the original version and was machine pieced, and assembled with EPP

 Block 8
this block was machine pieced and then assembled by EPP

I made the quarter square triangles oversized, then cut them to the size I needed. I sewed on the pieces I needed, then glued to the corner triangle pieces using the lines on the pattern lined up with my seams for placement

 this is the finished triangle which I then EPP to the center square


 Block 9
This block was EPP and the diamonds were hand applique

 Block 10
The individual sections with HST and QST were all machine pieced, and the block was assembled with EPP

 Block 11
This block was all EPP

 Block 12
This one was all hand applique

Block 13
This was the easiest block of all.. and it was all machine paper pieced and applied to a square of card stock


I need to take time to cut fabric for my sashing.  I just wanted to complete all of the blocks.  Sashing is boring.. but it has to be done.  I usually apply sashing to each block as I finish it.  But that meant that I would have had to stop making blocks and make sashing, because I only had enough for a few blocks.

Oh well, I'm glad to have this row finished, and I have Row I ready to start.

I hope that you all are having fun with you quilts. And I hope that I have inspired you to try something different with your blocks.


t

No comments:

Post a Comment

STILL THINKING ABOUT IT

 After finally finishing all of the blocks for the center, and one border, I've probably taken too long of a break.. I still have 3 bord...